BYTON aspires to build premium intelligent electric vehicles for the future. Its crafted cars integrate advanced digital technologies to offer customers a smart, sage, comfortable and eco- friendly driving and mobility experience.
BYTON aims to create a premium brand rooted in China which has a global reach. Its global headquarters, intelligent manufacturing base and R&D center are located in Nanjing, China, while its N.A headquarters, devoted to intelligent car experience, autonomous driving, whole vehicle integration and other cutting-edge technologies, is based in the Silicon Valley. The company’s vehicle concept and design center is located in Munich. BYTON also has offices in Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong to handle external affairs, marketing, sales, design and investor relations.
BYTON’s core management team is made up of the world’s top experts from China, Europe and the U.S., all of whom have held senior management positions in such innovative companies as BMW, Tesla, Google and Apple. Their expertise covers automotive design, automotive engineering and manufacturing, electric powertrain, intelligent connectivity, autonomous driving, user interface and supply chain management among other industry sectors, the sum of which represents BYTON’s strengths in manufacturing premium automobiles that are equipped with high quality internet technologies.
As an innovation-driven start-up, BYTON has completed its series A financing. Current shareholders include BYTON’s founding team, Harmony Auto, Auto Investments, League Automotive Technologies, Legend Capital, and industrial investment fund in Jiangsu, China, and Chengdu Group among other investors.
ABOUT BYTON CONCEPT EV
Well, the above ‘ about Byton’ is a company statement pointing out their goals and company strategy. Now we will discuss the Concept EV as it was presented on the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, U.S.A. on January 7, 2018.
TESLA being the leading exclusive full electric car company with their Model S, Model X and Model 3 now faces some new competition from BYTON EV.
Tesla is known for their great design and futuristic interior combined with proven quality. BYTON EV is however taking full electric cars to the next level when it comes to external and internal design and gadgets. To make it even more simple, BYTON is the car of the future.
BYTON’s smart intuitive vehicle features an all-new design and innovative human- vehicle interaction. Key features include:
- Shared Experience Display: BYTON is equipped with multiple display screens, with the traditional center console replaced by a Shared Experience Display enabling content shown to be shared with other passengers in the car.
- Human-Vehicle Interaction: In addition to voice recognition, touch control, biometric identification and necessary physical buttons, the car features proprietary Air Touch sensors, enabling front and rear passengers to control the Shared Experience Display with hand gestures.
- BYTON Life Cloud Platform: This platform seamlessly connects a driver’s or passenger’s apps, data, and devices, allowing them to take full advantage of their travel time whether for work or entertainment. BYTON Life also provides personalized services and configurations that are automatically adjusted according to users’ preferences.
- BYTON Intuitive Access: This advanced secure unlocking method (BYTON Intuitive Access) uses a facial recognition camera to recognize the driver or passenger to unlock the door.
- Interior and Exterior Digital Design: Among other digital design features, unique BYTON Smart Surfaces composed of front and rear LED lights and a luminescent logo can switch to different display modes to suit different driving scenarios.
This is not a standard electric car anymore, its loaded with features only found in sci-fi magazines. If you enjoy the latest technology, you’ll find it all in this BYTON EV.
The new SUV will be manufactured at BYTON’s plant in Nanjing, China. Its price will start at USD $45,000. The car will be available in China towards the end of 2019, and in the U.S. and Europe in 2020.
Key features include:
- Shared lounge experience for in-car communication, entertainment and work, with content and connection driven by the BYTON Life cloud platform
- A single 125 x 25 cm (49 x 9.8 inch) Shared Experience Display center console, along with three additional display screens
- Unique human-vehicle interaction incorporating voice recognition, touch control, biometric identification and hand gesture control technology
- Incorporation of Amazon Alexa for intelligent voice control, with additional Amazon collaboration on audio and video content
- Maximum range of 520 km (323 miles) on a single charge
- BYTON Concept is a mid-size premium smart electric SUV, measuring 4,850 mm (15.9 ft), with a wheelbase of 2,945mm (9.6 ft) and a wheel size of 22 inches