iBoysoft is a software company located in Chengdu, China. iBoysoft committes to research in the field of data security, has developed and released iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac, iBoysoft Data Recovery for Windows, NTFS Assistant, iBoysoft Drive Manager and iBoysoft File Protector.
INSTALLATION & PURPOSE
Installation of this application is easy and needs no extra steps. iBoysoft Drive Manager is a handy application for connecting/mounting and unmount your external drives. You can unmount drives through System-Preferences, but not everybody wants to mess with system settings. Drive Manager will make your wishes come true with just a simple click to mount or unmount etc. No need to pull physical connectors and the risk of corrupting your drives. This is just a reliable tool making your life easier. Your physical drives all appear like Folders in your Finders interface. ( see below ).
This application will make it easier and safer to work with any external connection. The Preferences section has some great options like activity depending on the computer status ( sleep or not i.e ), and notifications.
- Manage an external and/or network drives from the menu bar.
- Eject and unmount drives without the need of physically removing the connector from your mac.
- Mount/unmount all external drives in one easy click.
- Connect/disconnect all network drives in one easy click.
- Configure automatic ejection and remount of drives dependent on the status of the computer.
- Configure auto notifications of the status of your drives i.e. unplugged safely, mounted.
- Mount NTFS drive as a regular drive in read-only mode.
- Remount USB storages.
- Map a file share (FTP, SFTP) server storage as a local disk in the Finder, open remote files with any application and work like on a local volume.
Supported storage devices-External hard drive, USB flash drive, SD card, CF card, MicroSD, SDHC, memory card, memory stick, micro card ( Encrypted drive is not supported by iBoysoft Drive Manager).
System Requirements-Supported OS: macOS 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.12 (Sierra) and Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.7 (Lion)
For me there is one real issue with iBoysoft Drive Manager. It doesn’t store/save your external drives passwords. So when your drives are password protected, you will not be able to mount the drives !! Only the default Mac prompt will ask you to enter your password in order to unlock the drive. So at system start or reboot, you will always have to fill the password(s) yourself. When running your Mac, it works flawless mounting/unmounting. No probs at all.
We found this software easy to configure and use. The preferences section has some nice features for setting up the way we want our drives to be mounted depending on your computer status. A clean menu-bar add-on, adds to the feel and use of iBoysoft Drive Manager. Furthermore, being able to mount/connect or unmount/disconnect all drives in one mouse click is perfect. Check out the trial version if you are interested in this helpful utility. We like it, it works flawlessly.