Slider Image 1 Content
Version 1.2.0 (4199)
Developer Macphun USA
Macphun a San Diego, USA based software company, is famous for its outstanding photo editing software products. Their latest software tool LUMINAR NEPTUNE has now been upgraded to a new product supporting numerous improvements.
LUMINAR NEPTUNE is launched 15th June 2017. This review will discover and disclose wether the Neptune upgrade is a true improvement to its predecessor LUMINAR Pluto. Macphun has a great reputation for their outstanding products and aim to listen to their clients and implement their wishes in new product versions/upgrades.
ABOUT LUMINAR NEPTUNE
The new Luminar Neptune program is built to adapt to a user’s skill level and personal preference. It offers everything from filters and presets to advanced exposure adjustments and retouching tools normally reserved for Photoshop. Luminar Pluto being a well received product by the public, is even better now with the new additions and improvements to the earlier version.
Luminar Neptune is more sophisticated, faster and provides more tools and adjustments then before. The Luminar Neptune user interface is built around the idea that every photographer is different, and therefore their photo editing needs are different too. Users can choose from 3 default interface variations, designed for: quick image fixes, photo enhancement with presets, an intermediate level of control, and advanced editing.
Installing Luminar Neptune is a very easy process. Just download it from the MacPhun website and install as you would any other program. Luminar Neptune, like other MacPhun software, is only available for MacOS, but Macphun is developing Windows compatibility. When you first open the software after installation, you’ll be prompted to choose your desired editing level (picture below).
Choose your desired application capabilities/level :
WHATS NEW IN LUMINAR NEPTUNE
New Feature Highlights:
- Accent – AI-filter – Uses artificial intelligence to create stunning images with a single slider movement, tapping into the power of dozens of filters.
- Quick & Awesome workspace – A workspace consisting of the Accent AI, Saturation & Vibrance and Clarity filters. Great for achieving fast results in a fun and easy way.
- Plug-in integration with Creative Kit and Aurora HDR 2017 – Seamlessly access Macphun’s other photo editing tools you own with Luminar as the host application
- Brush, Gradient and Radial Gradient tools – Dramatically faster performance yields smoother selective editing.
- Vignette filter – Addition of Vignette Styles, Place Center and Pre- and Post-Crop modes deliver even more flexibility to this popular photo finishing tool.
- Memory management – Increased overall performance for large files and 5+ simultaneous open images.
- User Interface changes – Extensive improvements to in-app animation and mode transitions make for a more pleasing editing experience.
- Crop tool update – Added the ability to specify custom crop ratios.
- Local history – Provision for reviewing separate history while in Transform, Denoise, Clone & Stamp modes helps optimize editing.
USING LUMINAR NEPTUNE
Depending on your earlier choice made, all of the presets are shown at default, but you should see that if you hover over any individual preset, a star appears which you can click on to add it to your favourites if you think you’ll want to use it regularly. Now, if you click on the “all presets” icon to the right of the presets bar, you’ll be able to go straight to your favourites.
Choosing one of the implemented presets, triggers a number of pre-adjusted settings showing right below the main picture. Each preset has its own specific ‘filter’ options and settings.
There are more than 60 of these one-click presets to choose from.
Alternatively, you could add another filter to your effect, simply by clicking the Add Filter icon. If you’re happy with the look you’ve created, you save it as a preset which is displayed along the bottom with the others. Click the symbol which looks like three lines with a small plus sign on it, give the preset a name and save it for future use. Another nice feature of Luminar Neptune is the implemented ‘ workspace ‘, Quick & Awesome, Essentials, B & W, Landscape , Portrait and Street. Choosing any of these ‘spaces’ give you all the basic filters needed. Adding your personal filters is easily done with the + sign, and can be saved as your personal ‘workspace’. So the next time you want to edit your pictures you may find and use your ‘workspace’ in just one click.
Presets are available in the sidebar. The basic ‘workspace’ presets are standard available, but you can also buy the extra Filter Presets from Macphun as they are created by Professional photographers like Jim Nix
and may present new stunning effects for your pictures. The Presets interface shows All Presets / User defined Presets / and Favorites.
All carefully thought out to bring ease of use to the user. Simplicity is what Macphun Luminar Neptune is all about. Best result with least effort.
SEE THE AVAILABLE FILTERS
This short screen capture will show all available filters to choose from and use in your workspace.
LUMINAR NEPTUNE WORKSPACE
Workspace makes it possible to create and define your own ‘ workspace ‘ with filters and option settings. Build your own presets by choosing ‘ Clear ‘ from the workspace menu and add all the desired filters to your need.
Keep in mind that every Workspace option has its preset filters implemented, but adding or deleting any filter is simple and easy.
To me personal the user-experience is most important in any software application. Photo-editing software is far more complicated to master then most applications. It is this aspect that makes me choose an application like Macphun
Luminar Neptune. Users should feel comfortable with an application and not set it apart if things become to difficult to master. Photoshop for instance is great once you’ve been trained in skills. This is what puts most users off, except for the die-hards or professionals. Luminar Neptune seems to fill the cap between experienced and novice users. Everybody is able to produce great looking pictures.
The right sidebar shows some extra editing tools like : Transform Tool , Clone & Stamp Tool , Erase Tool , Denoise Tool , Crop Tool, Plugins
Denoise Tool comes with full adjustment levels !
Noiseless CK like.
THE NEW AI-FILTER
- Accent – AI-filter – Uses artificial intelligence to create stunning images with a single slider movement, tapping into the power of dozens of filters. The AI-Filter magically fine tunes your picture without any further adjustments.
Like in the ocean picture I ‘added’ the AI-Filter to the workspace from the filter-menu, Secondly draw the AI-Filter to in this case 100% and your picture is adjusted to a great colorful looking picture. The ‘whites’ are stronger and the ‘blue’ is more present.
Using the 100% setting made the clouds look too dark, but now you may start using Luminar Neptune other filters and setting to optimize.
USING THE ERASE TOOL
Using the ‘Erase Tool’ is brilliant for even a user like me. The software really does a good job. It works so much faster then Luminar Pluto ! A real improvement.
SOME BEFORE/AFTER SHOTS
Macphun’s Luminar Neptune boast an great layout and interface. Sliders and settings all work in a truly pleasant way. Apart from all the editing capabilities the application needs to save and export images as required. Sharing images is easy and the menubar provides the necessary options. The final saving menu has some pretty nice additions included.
SPECIAL INTRODUCTION OFFER Thursday June 15th – Sunday June 25th
LUMINAR NEPTUNE OFFER INFORMATION:
Luminar + Video Training, eBooks, Presets and Overlays for $69. Total value of $309.
Pricing as low as s $49 for Macphun users when they use OUR coupon code. or $59 for non Macphun users that use OUR coupon code. ( Coupon Code = MACSOFTREVIEW )
- Luminar, The Supercharged photo editor for Mac that adapts to your skill level. ($69 Value)
- Photography Fundamentals Video Training – In this series, you’ll learn all about the essential concepts of photography from professional photographer and educator Richard Harrington. ($99 Value)
- The Grand Landscape eBook by Ian Plant – In this eBook, Ian Plant shows you how to make great landscape photos in no time, helping your work to stand out from the rest. ($19 Value)
- 2 Luminar Preset packs – ($45 Value)
- Over 500 Overlays – ($49 Value)
- The Black and White Landscape & Candid Portrait eBooks from Andrew Gibson ($28 Value)
After experimenting Luminar Neptune and see what it is capable off, time for a final verdict. Luminar Neptune is an application covering all areas of advanced photo-editing, for professionals as well as novice users. It has a truly elegant interface and modern sliders which can be reset to default with a simple click. Luminar Neptune is a real multifunctional editing application supporting actions which normally need separate applications. It combines the best of many worlds. The number of filters, adjustment sliders and presets and the ability to create your own make this application truly stand out. The improved speed and better memory handling, the new AI-Filter and Quick&Awesome workspace upgrade this application to a new level.
So is it perfect ? Luminar Neptune definitely is a winner offering all tools for a small price and fantastic results.
LUMINAR NEPTUNEuse coupon $59.00
Fast Erasing Tool8/10
- Great interface
- Multiple filters
- Fast Erasing Tool
- RAW Files
- Multiple Tools
- Export options
- None found
Powered by WP Product Review