Skylum was founded as Macphun in 2008 by two gaming developers and amateur photographers. Initially the company developed applications for iOS. One of its first applications was Vintage Video Maker, which was later named Vintagio. In 2009, Apple named Vintagio among Best iPhone apps of the year. In 2010, Alex Tsepko joined the team. In total, the company released over 60 applications in the first three years. However, it saw the greatest number of downloads in the photography applications. Skylum thus decided to develop the same photography applications for MacOS.
In early 2010, Skylum launched its first MacOS application, FX Photo Studio Pro, which was earlier available for iOS only. Several other applications were also developed for MacOS including Snapheal.
In order to tap the North Americas, the company moved its headquarters to San Diego, United States in 2013. A great number of employees came from the Nik Collection, which was earlier acquired by Google. Later that year, the company launched Intensify, a fully featured photo editing software, that was named among 2013 Best Mac App Store apps. In 2014, Skylum launched Tonality, a black-and-white photo editor software, that won Apple’s Editors’ Choice of the year. The same year, Skylum hired a team in Europe to develop localized versions of its software and start European expansion.
In 2015, Skylum released a new image noise reduction application called Noiseless. Same year Skylum partnered with Trey Ratcliff to develop an HDR program. Through the collaboration Aurora HDR, a High Dynamic Range editing and processing tool, was released in November. A year later, Skylum developed Luminar, an all-in-one photo editing software as an alternative to Adobe’s Lightroom. Both the software became the most known applications by the company. 
In 2017, the company released Aurora HDR and Luminar for Windows – software that previously was available for MacOS only. At the same time, it was also announced that Macphun will change its name to Skylum.
- Photolemur is the world’s first fully automated solution for creating perfect photos.
- It works on Mac and PC, automatically analyzes and perfects your images, and doesn’t require any manual involvement.
- Photolemur is powered by artificial intelligence that recognizes objects, faces, trees, sky, foliage and more; distinguishes between portraits, landscapes and macro photographs.
- Photolemur 3.0 includes the world’s first fully automatic processing and retouching of faces: skin smoothing, removing skin defects, smart eye enlargement and hair structure.
- The new Photolemur 3.0 version has six new styles along with the ability to impose them on images. The program is also able to enhance a large number of photos simultaneously: more than 200 images at the same time.
Photolemur 3.0 is a no buttons and powered with AI ( Artificial Intelligence ). A real no brainer for dummies. This may sound a little as a little discriminating, but its a true full automatic image enhancer doing a great job.
The most essentials in Photolemur 3.0:
- Automatic Face Enhancement with skin retouching and teeth whitening
- Smart Eye Enlargement
- Adding Styles to photos
- New menu for opacity settings
- Quick access menu for face enhancement, lens correction and eye enlargement
- Apply settings from one image to all images in batch
- SmugMug Export (for Mac version)
Performance and stability boost
As is the application itself, preferences are limited. One good aspect is the ability to set ‘enlarge’ to a desired width. The ‘Save As’ formats are as usual but lacks a format like TIFF. Still it is dead easy to work with Photolemur.
PHOTOLEMUR in PRACTICE
So this is where it all comes down to, working with Photolemur 3.0 experience. Drag & Drop your selected images ( max. 200 at a time ) in the interface below and you are presented with a full image listing, and you will notice the enhancing of images
starts automatically. The change is evident and the result is really well balanced. Pictures really look much better after Photolemur AI ( Artificial Intelligence ) treatment. It is doing all tricks by detecting the different sections of the image like, Face Recognition, Eyes, Sky Enhancement, Color Recovery, Exposure Compensation, Foliage Enhancement, RAW Processing and even detects if a smile is present on the image and performs some teeth-whitening all fully automatic, so a perfect smile is possible.
Photolemur 3.0 also has 7 presets available for changing the overall look of your image. You may like or need any of these transformations. Just play around with each preset and see what it can do for you. An important aspect of all enhancements or transformations is ability to use the ‘Opacity slider’. This slider will adjust the AI improvements to your liking from Zero to Full.
DISCOUNT use code: Check our discount page for any active discounts